IMPORTANT MESSAGE: CONSTRUCTION AT LA SENTINEL OFFICE: Due to unforeseen construction work, our office is temporarily closed. We are operating business off site and still accepting ads and classified ads. View Company Directory.
SECTION 00150 – BID NOTICE
ALTAMED RENOVATION PROJECTS
ALTAMED HEALTH SERVICES CORPORATION
INVITATION TO SUBMIT BID
(Specification and Conditions Governing Bid Award)
Bid No. RFB – 2013 − 103
AltaMed PACE – South LA
1776 E. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90002
Project for Proposal:
The AltaMed Health Services Corporation ("Owner") invites and will receive bids duly filed as provided herein for AltaMed Renovation Projects to furnish all of the necessary labor, services, materials, and equipment and performing all work required to provide a complete and acceptable project in conformance to and as indicated by the project documents. The Renovation project includes:
Bid No. RFB – 2013 - 103 AltaMed PACE - South LA, 1776 E. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90002. AltaMed Health Services Corporation renovating an existing 15,000 s.f. building and adding 4,500 s.f. for its future Program for all-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). PACE combines medical services with that of services traditionally provided by an adult day health/PACE center. Improvements include a new exterior garden area and site improvements.
A MANDATORY PRE-BID CONFERENCE and Site Visit will be held at AltaMed PACE - South LA at 10:00 AM on Thursday, August 1, 2013 located at 1776 E. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90002. You must sign in otherwise you will not be eligible to bid. Without exception, if you submit a bid it will be considered to be "non-responsive" and rejected.
Each proposal shall be submitted and completed per the Instructions to Bidders in all particulars using the forms included in the Bid Proposal package. Each bidder is required to submit two (2) copies of his/her Bid Proposal in 3-ring binders with tabs. Each Bid Proposal must be responsive and each bidder must be deemed to be responsible.
Bid Documents will be available at David Blue Print Company 3205 N. Main Street LA, CA 90031 on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 (626) 975-5419 Contact: Roman Covarrubias
Bid proposals are due on Monday, August 19, 2013, NO LATER THAN 3:00 P.M. at the Reception desk, AltaMed Health Services Corporation located 2040 Camfield Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90040.
Contact Person during Bid Period:
Luzmaria Chavez, Director Facility Development
BID BOND, PERFORMANCE BOND and LABOR AND MATERIAL PAYMENT BOND will be required for this project.
The following conditions and terms apply:
1. The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids. The Owner reserves the right to waive any irregularities in any bid, and to take bids under advisement for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days from and after the date bids are opened and announced.
2. The successful Bidder must execute the contract within ten (10) days after the Owner mails it to the Bidder. If the contract is not executed within the ten (10) days, the Owner reserves the unilateral right to cancel it.
3. If any provisions of the contract are violated, the Owner, after suitable notice, may cancel the contract and make arrangements to have the products and or services supplied by others. Any extra cost to the Owner will be paid by the vendor or contractor.
4. All proposals must be for specific amounts. Qualified bids with 'escalation clauses' or any other method of making a price variable may be grounds for rejection of the bid, Unit prices must be quoted as specified. Bidder's proposal shall be valid for sixty (60) calendar days from the Owner's receipt of bid.
5. The Owner reserves the right to add or subtract quantities based on the unit prices/lump sums so indicated, as its budgetary needs may require.
6. In accordance with the provisions of the California Public Contract Code Section 3300, the Bidder must have a current and valid General Contractor's B license in the State of California. The Bidder must be licensed at the time the Contract is awarded, and shall maintain said license in good standing at all times during performance of the work. All specialty subcontractors shall possess and maintain current and valid licenses as required by the Contractors State License Board (CSLB).
ALTAMED PARTNERS WITH SURROUNDING COMMUNITY
AltaMed Health Services partners with the surrounding community with opportunities to offer construction jobs. Responders to this RFB should be prepared to offer 10% of the jobs to qualified applicants in the following categories.
General Contractor who self performs sub trades may hire within their company for the following tasks:
· Drywall installation
· Flag person (traffic control)
· Certified journeymen in electrical, plumbing, framing or concrete
· On site coordinator to assist with submittals, RFI’s, subcontractor coordination, deliveries, and keep project logs.
· General clean-up
General Contractors who sub out all the sub-contractor work can have their subs provide laborers for the following trades:
· Site preparation
AltaMed will require proof of outreach efforts and demonstrated recruitment activities which will result to jobs being offered to residents of the surrounding communities.
Ms. Angela D. Roberts
Vice President, Facility Development and Management
Dated at Los Angeles, CA
22nd day of July, 2013