IMPORTANT MESSAGE: CONSTRUCTION AT LA SENTINEL OFFICE: Due to unforeseen construction work, our office is temporarily closed. We are operating business off site and still accepting ads and classified ads. View Company Directory.
Music sensation Beyonce’ debuts new hair do. (Courtesy Photo)
BEYONCÉ DEBUTS NEW ‘DO
Known for her long, golden-curled locks, music sensation Beyonce has made a big cut.
Beyonce, 31, posted three pictures of her recently cut short hair do on her Twitter account Aug. 8. Still keeping her signature blonde hue, she showed her fans just how short she can rock a cut.
“Beyonce cut her hair off and twitter is going crazy,” Reagan Gomez, one of her Twitter followers said. “It’s really cute. But do you think it’s a short wig or did she really chopped her hair off?”
In one shot, Beyonce stands tall in what appears to be a camera phone photo. In the second photograph, which was in black and white, “Queen B” strikes a pose with both hands behind her head while gazing seductively into the mirror, as someone behind her snaps the photograph.
The final picture shows off a side view of her new tresses. She appears to be examining her new self in the mirror and has parted her hair, for now, on the right side.
Rachel Harris, one of Beyonce’s Twitter followers said, “Awe, Beyonce cut her hair. I bet she’s been wanting to transform into the whole mommy look for a while.” She said, “finally the world tour is over.”
Nearing the end of her Mrs. Carter World Tour, she revealed her new hairstyle during her show at Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn on Aug. 7.
The new style could be a result of a recent incident that happened in Montreal on July 22. At that show, as the singer performed one of her hits, “Halo,” her hair became tangled in a fan on stage.
Regardless of the reason behind the cut, given Beyonce’s many fans, surely she will have followers.
“Every female is gonna cut their hair now,” Twitter follower Jola B. said. “Thanks Beyonce, thanks a lot.”
Special to the NNPA from the Afro-American Newspaper
Long Beach, California Hip Hop icon Warren G has gained fame for his rapping and production for over 20 years. The onetime Def Jam Records star and devout Oakland Raiders fan has recently
announced a new partnership, this one with a winemaker.
The Allure Moscato company, which is carried in Whole Foods, Von's, and Safeway, will team with the 213 co-founder to be "the face" of their product.
"Who would've known that my favorite Moscato, Allure, would ask me to be their brand partner," said the G-Child in a press statement. "It's exciting to be in the wine business and I know we can bring a lot of pleasure to our consuming audience. I'm looking forward to sharing my favorite pink Moscato with everyone."
"We're very pleased to be working with Warren G, who has the bright, lively style of our Allure wines, and the same belief in top quality and value," adds Bronco CEO Fred Franzia. "I'm impressed by
Warren G's interest in wines and I know we're going to have a big success." Jake Paine/Hip Hop DX
According to press reports, Bronco is the fifth largest winery in the country, and the Franzia family is the largest vineyard owner, now celebrating its 120th year in the California wine business.
In the early 1990s, Warren G, along with 213 band-mate Snoop Dogg were involved in marketing campaigns for another alcohol brand, St. Ide's Malt Liquor.
Warren last released The G Files in 2009.
RAZ –B SURVIVES
Raz-B has made a miraculous recovery after being placed on life support this past Friday. Doctors confirm the R&B singer is awake, responsive and smiling at the hospital in Zhejiang, China — where he was treated after slipping into a coma — TMZ reports.
Raz's medical condition stems
from a fight that broke out at his show last week, during which the former B2K member was hit in the face with a bottle. He was trying to contain the fight at the time he was hit. Raz was arrested but quickly released when police determined he had nothing to do with the violence, and he was
taken to a local hospital for minor surgery and released the same day.
Things took a turn for the worse the next morning when the singer was unresponsive to wakeup calls from his backup dancers. The dancers rushed him to the hospital, where doctors put him on life support and declared his
condition was critical. His publicist asked fans for "as many prayers as possible."
Looks like the prayers were answered. Raz will remain in the hospital for a few more days for observation, but is expected to make a full recovery.
- Courtesy of BET.com