Allen CrabbePhoto Credit: Nick Koza for Sentinel
Sentinel Prep Basketball Top 10 Poll
Records as of Feb. 8
1. Westchester (20-3) - If there's a bigger sure thing than the Comets earning the No. 1 seed in the City playoffs, it's that New Orleans is still partying from Sunday.
2. Long Beach Poly (21-3) - The return of senior Shelton Boykin makes the Jackrabbits an even deadlier team to watch and should give Mater Dei some concern in the Div. 1-AA playoffs
3. Taft (19-4) - Given that St. Patrick's (NJ) is nationally ranked, we won't drop the Toreadors this week but the City's No. 2 team will have to recover from that beating in time for the playoffs next week.
4. Gardena Serra (23-2) - Cavaliers are fourth here, but they'll be No. 1 in Div. III-AA after wrapping up another Del Rey League title.
5. Price (22-2) - LaVerne Lutheran was no match for the Knights' size and it's no surprise they'll be the No. 1 in the Div. IV-AA bracket
6. Leuzinger (17-6) - An undefeated Bay League championship will be in the Olympians' grasp tonight in their league finale.
7. Compton Centennial (19-5) - The Apaches will be the No. 3 seed in what should be the competitive playoff division outside of Division I (3A)
8. Crenshaw (17-3) - The Cougars got a great test last night in Fremont as they end another season as Coliseum League champions.
9. Windward (17-7) - At worst they'll be tied for the Olympic League championship by week's end
10. Washington Prep (16-7) - Either them or Fairfax will be the City's No. 4 seed but despite the Lions' tough losses, their tough schedule might be the edge over the Marine League champs