IMPORTANT MESSAGE: CONSTRUCTION AT LA SENTINEL OFFICE: Due to unforeseen construction work, our office is temporarily closed. We are operating business off site and still accepting ads and classified ads. View Company Directory.
This is the final Top 10 poll of the year as playoffs begin this week. Records are as of season's end before the playoffs
1. Fairfax - The Lions are gunning for a third straight appearance in the City Finals and in the No. 2 slot, they should have a rematch with Taft in the semis.
2. Westchester - The Comets may have deserved the No. 1 seed but computers should NEVER play a role in determining it.
3. Taft - Their defense of the City title starts today as the No. 3 seed and we'll see how far they can hold off the teams above them.
4. Dominguez - The Dons earned the No. 3 seed in the Division I-AA playoffs but it's going to be a dogfight defending their crown as potential foes include Long Beach Poly, Pasadena and Riverside King. And that's before they could get to Mater Dei.
5. Bishop Montgomery - The No. 1 seed in the Division IV-AA bracket starts their playoff push Friday at home.
6. Windward (20-6) - They've earned the No. 1 seed in Division V-A, let's see how well their tough schedule prepared them for this run.
7. Leuzinger (21-5) - After winning league for the first time in three years, the No. 2 seed in Div. II-AA bracket should have a good run.
8. Long Beach Jordan (21-5) - Your reward for winning the Moore League, a second round date with undefeated Mater Dei tomorrow.
9. Long Beach Poly (21-5) - Don't be fooled by the No. 11 seed, this is the team nobody wants to face in Division I-AA. Just ask Pasadena tomorrow.
10. Crenshaw (19-3) - If anybody has a right to gripe about playoff position, it's the Cougars. But they won't because lurking for revenge tonight is L.A. Jordan, who lost to them last year.