(All records are as of Jan. 20)
1. Westchester (17-1) - No team has better guard play as Fairfax learned this the hard way last week.
2. Dominguez (14-4) - A double OT victory against one of Seattle's best (Rainier Beach) was keyed by Keala King (27 pts, 15 rebs) and Myron Green (27 pts).
3. Taft (14-2) - Just call Derrick Taylor's bunch the Kings of Hub City with four straight wins against area teams (3-0 vs. Dominguez, 1-0 vs. Compton)
4. Fairfax (12-3) - Good News: the Lions only lost by 5 to Westchester despite looking sluggish at times. Bad news: the rematch will be on the road. But check the Lions on ESPN2 tomorrow against San Diego High and 6-11 junior Jeremy Tyler, who has committed to Louisville.
5. Bishop Montgomery (17-2) - So much for Bishop Amat posing a threat (65-42 victory for the Knights). But let's see how they do at Serra tomorrow.
6. Long Beach Poly (16-2) - Since they did beat Leuzinger and haven't looked back since, it's time to slide the Jackrabbits up. Doesn't hurt that they beat LB Jordan by 15 either.
7. Leuzinger (14-4) - The Olympians should be in for a battle against Redondo tomorrow night which will determine who's in the driver's seat for the Bay League title.
8. L.A. Windward (13-6) - Breezed through Pacific Hills at the MLK Shootout last weekend and resume action next week at Brentwood.
9. Gardena Serra (15-5) - The Cavaliers stay in the poll since they lost to one of Nevada's best teams (Las Vegas Cheyenne 77-62) but they're hanging by a thread and it gets tougher hosting Bishop Montgomery tomorrow.
10. Long Beach Wilson (14-5) - Welcome to the poll Bruins and good luck against Compton Friday.