IMPORTANT MESSAGE: CONSTRUCTION AT LA SENTINEL OFFICE: Due to unforeseen construction work, our office is temporarily closed. We are operating business off site and still accepting ads and classified ads. View Company Directory.
(All records are as of Jan. 20)
1. Westchester (17-1) - No team has better guard play as Fairfax learned this the hard way last week.
2. Dominguez (14-4) - A double OT victory against one of Seattle's best (Rainier Beach) was keyed by Keala King (27 pts, 15 rebs) and Myron Green (27 pts).
3. Taft (14-2) - Just call Derrick Taylor's bunch the Kings of Hub City with four straight wins against area teams (3-0 vs. Dominguez, 1-0 vs. Compton)
4. Fairfax (12-3) - Good News: the Lions only lost by 5 to Westchester despite looking sluggish at times. Bad news: the rematch will be on the road. But check the Lions on ESPN2 tomorrow against San Diego High and 6-11 junior Jeremy Tyler, who has committed to Louisville.
5. Bishop Montgomery (17-2) - So much for Bishop Amat posing a threat (65-42 victory for the Knights). But let's see how they do at Serra tomorrow.
6. Long Beach Poly (16-2) - Since they did beat Leuzinger and haven't looked back since, it's time to slide the Jackrabbits up. Doesn't hurt that they beat LB Jordan by 15 either.
7. Leuzinger (14-4) - The Olympians should be in for a battle against Redondo tomorrow night which will determine who's in the driver's seat for the Bay League title.
8. L.A. Windward (13-6) - Breezed through Pacific Hills at the MLK Shootout last weekend and resume action next week at Brentwood.
9. Gardena Serra (15-5) - The Cavaliers stay in the poll since they lost to one of Nevada's best teams (Las Vegas Cheyenne 77-62) but they're hanging by a thread and it gets tougher hosting Bishop Montgomery tomorrow.
10. Long Beach Wilson (14-5) - Welcome to the poll Bruins and good luck against Compton Friday.