IMPORTANT MESSAGE: CONSTRUCTION AT LA SENTINEL OFFICE: Due to unforeseen construction work, our office is temporarily closed. We are operating business off site and still accepting ads and classified ads. View Company Directory.
1. Westchester (14-1) - When you're the best, you get the breaks. That's why the Comets are off til Jan. 12 and University needs to brace themselves for a storm.
2. Fairfax (10-1) - Same with the Lions here. After winning the Les Schwab Invitational, they are off 'til Jan. 14. It's just more buildup for the first meeting with Westchester on Jan. 16
3. Bishop Montgomery (12-1) - The Knight zoom up the poll after beating Taft and have the late night showdown at the Johnnie Cochran Classic against Diamond Ranch on Saturday.
4. Leuzinger (8-3) - A close loss to LB Poly temporarily bumped the Olympians off track but they'll get back on it against Windward Saturday as a last-minute replacement at the Pangos Dream Classic
5. Taft (8-2) - Another big matchup for the Toreadors looms Saturday against Ontario Colony at the Johnnie Cochran Classic.
6. Dominguez (8-4) - Now how did I leave them out of the pool last week? Well the Dons get a chance to show and prove against a tough, physical Etiwanda team at the Dream Classic.
7. Serra (9-3) - Well-rested and ready to roll, the Cavaliers face North Torrance Friday before meeting San Diego Hoover at the Johnnie Cochran Classic.
8. Fremont (10-3) - It's time for the Pathfinders to be tested and here it comes with Division III state champion Santa Margarita.
9. Windward (8-3) - The new year starts with a bang for the Wildcats: Leuzinger on Saturday and Campbell Hall next weekend.
10. Long Beach Jordan (9-2) - The Panthers make their debut in the poll and kick off the Dream Classic Saturday against Long Beach Cabrillo.