IMPORTANT MESSAGE: CONSTRUCTION AT LA SENTINEL OFFICE: Due to unforeseen construction work, our office is temporarily closed. We are operating business off site and still accepting ads and classified ads. View Company Directory.
Two more weeks 'til the playoffs and the contenders are starting to take shape. On to the rankings leading into Week 9
1. Long Beach Poly (8-0): Compton might be the last remaining challenge before the Pac-5 playoffs so expect the Jackrabbits to send their final salvo now that their passing game is finding consistency.
2. Gardena Serra (8-0): There will be a royal flush at tomorrow's game with the Knights of Bishop Montgomery but the Cavaliers hold the aces with playmakers Carl Winston and Robert Woods.
3. Narbonne (7-1): Tomorrow's game with Gardena is the last chance for the Gauchos to fine-tune that red-hot offense before they face Carson in two weeks.
4. Compton (8-0): The Tarbabes only want revenge after last year's heartbreaking homecoming loss. A better performance this year will please me just fine.
5. Taft (7-1): Only thing that could slow them down tomorrow against El Camino Real is looking ahead to Birmingham and tailback DJ Morgan losing his shoes before gametime.
6. Loyola (5-3) - A victory over an overrated Bishop Amat squad was nice but they'll get more props if they do the same to undefeated Sherman Oaks Notre Dame Saturday
7. Crenshaw (5-2): Tomorrow's game against Jefferson might be the only significant loss the Democrats have during this election week.
8. San Pedro (7-1): The Pirates ransacked Banning and now dock their ships at home to wait for a date with Washington.
9. Carson (4-4): The Colts may be banged up but has plenty of heart, so don't count them out. They'll try to put more dents in Banning's airplane tomorrow.
10. L.A. Jordan (4-4): It's a battle of the Bulldogs as they face Garfield tomorrow then root for them to beat Roosevelt next week to force a 3-way tie for the league title.