IMPORTANT MESSAGE: CONSTRUCTION AT LA SENTINEL OFFICE: Due to unforeseen construction work, our office is temporarily closed. We are operating business off site and still accepting ads and classified ads. View Company Directory.
1. Long Beach Poly (2-0) - No shocker here, they destroyed Newport Harbor 26-2 and are ready for a rematch with Carson tomorrow.
2. Loyola (2-1) - Nearly pulled off the state's biggest upset over Concord De La Salle but needs to avoid a letdown against St. John's Bosco.
3. Gardena Serra (3-0) - A 53-0 beatdown of San Gabriel was impressive but let's see how they do against Redondo tomorrow.
4. Narbonne (2-0) - Mira Costa has to find a way to slow down Gauchos' impressive offensive. Good luck.
5. Compton (2-0) - How do you follow up the biggest win in years? By feeding on Granada Hills Kennedy tomorrow.
6. Carson (1-2) - a late TD gave the Colts their first win last week but up next, a rematch some team ranked in the No. 1 spot who beat them 38-9 last year.
7. L.A. Jordan (1-2) - Somebody give the Bulldogs and their fans gas vouchers for all the miles they've logged. Next stop, Mater Dei tonight in Santa Ana.
8. Crenshaw - A last second field goal kept them from their first win but a bye week should help them regroup for their home opener against Culver City on Oct. 3
9. Dorsey (2-0) - Hard to not lick chops at facing Birmingham next week, but first, the Dons take on winless North Hollywood on the road tomorrow.
10. Dominguez (0-3) - The Dons need to find a way to put up points if they hope to compete down the road and avoid tiring out their defense.