IMPORTANT MESSAGE: CONSTRUCTION AT LA SENTINEL OFFICE: Due to unforeseen construction work, our office is temporarily closed. We are operating business off site and still accepting ads and classified ads. View Company Directory.
ATTENTION COMMUTERS, RESIDENTS, AND BUSINESSES IN THE VICINITY OF ADAMS BLVD., BETWEEN I-110 NORTH HOV OFF-RAMP & FLOWER STREET
The Metro ExpressLanes Demonstration Project along the Harbor Freeway (I-110) will lessen congestion, improve travel choices, and maximize efficiency on a heavily traveled north-south corridor connecting the South Bay to downtown Los Angeles. The project will provide a new way to move traffic in LA County by converting the existing HOV (carpool) lanes on the I-110 to ExpressLanes. Anticipated project completion is Fall 2012. As part of the continuing construction, the Contractor will:
• Widen the Adams Blvd. overcrossing to accommodate an exclusive right turn lane, providing two right turn lanes to the HOV collector to Figueroa St.
WHAT: Pavement removal and replacement.
WHEN: Friday, August 10, 2012 at 10:00 pm – Monday, August 13, 2012 at 6:00 am, weather permitting
WHERE: Eastbound and Westbound Lanes on Adams Blvd. between I-110 Northbound HOV Lane Off-Ramp & Flower Street, Los Angeles
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Closure of the I-110 Northbound HOV Lane Off-Ramp at Adams Blvd.
• Closure of Adams Blvd., between I-110 Northbound HOV Lane Off-Ramp & Flower Street
• Flaggers and traffic control signs will be placed during the construction activity.
• Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
• Access will be maintained for the Fire Department & emergency responders at all times.
• Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the construction zone.
• Accessibility to homes and businesses will be maintained.
For construction related inquiries call 213-922-4200, visit www.metro.net/expresslanes or www.facebook.com/expresslanes or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/expresslanes