UPDATED INFORMATION ON START DATE ATTENTION COMMUTERS, BUSINESSES AND RESIDENTS IN THE VICINITY OF CRENSHAW BL BETWEEN 60TH ST AND 59TH PL; AND 59TH PL BETWEEN CRENSHAW BL AND 8TH AV
As part of advance utility relocation activities for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor Project, Metro’s contractor, Metro Builders, will be relocating sewer lines on Crenshaw Blvd. and on 59th Pl in the City of Los Angeles to make room for the underground section of the Crenshaw Light Rail Line
WHAT: Relocate sewer lines on Crenshaw Bl and 59th Pl
WHEN: Beginning approximately Monday, October 29, 2012 through approximately February 22, 2013; Sunday through Thursday. The anticipated work hours on Crenshaw Bl is from 9:00 pm - 6:00 am, and on 59th Pl from 7:00am – 3:30pm, weather permitting.
WHERE: Crenshaw Bl between 60th St and 59th St; and 59th Pl between Crenshaw Bl and
- Temporary southbound bus stop relocation to be implemented for bus lines 40 and 210 to Slauson/Crenshaw and 63rd St/Crenshaw.
- One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction at all times.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the construction. No parking will be allowed on Crenshaw Bl between 59th Pl and 60th St and on both sides of 59th Pl between Crenshaw and 8th Av during working hours.
- Interruptions to driveway access for homes on 59th Pl will be coordinated by the Contractor.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Accessibility to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.
- Intermittent sewer interruption due to the reconnection of new sewer system on Crenshaw, will be coordinated.